Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April 21st, 2014

Hi Family! :) How was everyone's Easter??

Mine was wonderful. We had a miracle happen that I want to share with you! But first I want to tell you about Justin Hatch (my branch mission leader). He is an amazing guy, he has had this calling for about 3 years now and he has the one of the most profound testimonies of this gospel that I have ever heard. He fell away from the church when he was "younger" and joined the marines, etc. Finally he started experimenting with keeping the commandments and saw IMMEDIATE, UNDENIABLE blessings pour into his life! Now he is happily married to a returned missionary (super awesome girl), is graduating in a few weeks and is headed to Texas for his PhD in the fall :) Stellar guy, he has an awesome vision for our branch! Okay, now that I have given you a little background on him I will explain the miracle! 

Last week after during our coordination meeting with all the branch missionaries, he told us that he wanted to have a special fast over Easter weekend for 5 members of the branch who are either a varying degree of less-active, or who have been struggling a lot recently. A couple of the branch missionaries moaned and groaned about it since there would be lots of opportunity to eat, since it would be Easter! But everyone agreed and the attitude changed as we began discussing their needs. We talked about each person specifically and what we could do as a support system for them. By the end of that meeting, you could feel the desire to help them among the missionary force of the branch. Then, as we knelt together and petitioned the Lord to help and guide them, as well as help and guide us in our efforts to be a blessing to them, the Spirit was so powerful in the room. 

Throughout the week, so many things happened and the fast hadn't even taken place yet! Sister Moss and I were able to teach one of the less-actives and his heart was completely open!! He committed to coming to church even though he hadn't been in a very long time! Then on Friday during Forums (where we are allowed to proselyte on campus for a specific time, in a specific place) on of the other people we were going to fast for, stopped and talked to us for a good amount of time then offered to feed us dinner that night AND come to one of our lessons the next day!! YAY!! Then, as the four of us missionaries came into sacrament meeting Sunday morning, we were anxious to see if the less-active we had had a lesson with would follow through on his commitment and come to church. To our great joy, he came!! Not only him, but 2 other people that we had been fasting for came as well! :) Heavenly Father responds to the faith of His children and is always wanting to bless us with our righteous desires. I know it!

I am so grateful to be a missionary. I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve the God I love in this wonderful part of His vineyard. I know that my Redeemer lives! I feel so privileged to have this knowledge, and I feel an increased sense of urgency to share it with these incredible students here at Penn State! I love you all so much and I'm grateful for the role you play in my life, I wouldn't be here without you.

Love,
Sister Walborn

p.s. Picture: 1) Sister Moss and I on Easter Sunday outside of the Pasquerilla Spiritual Center where we have church :) LOVE YOU!!! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment