Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15, 2013

Hello everyone!

This week has been pretty great! We had another lesson with the wonderful lady Deb that I told you about before, SHE IS SO AWESOME! We invited her to be baptized and she said that she wants to, but she wants to talk to "Him" a little more about it. :) We said that is great, and we were able to both bear testimony that she will receive the answer she is looking for! So cool.

So on Wednesday, I was able to go on exchanges with the Sister Training Leader of my area. Her name is Sister Maddox and she is so great!! She goes home in September and spending just 24 hours with her helped me so much! I learned more effective ways of starting conversations when finding and so many different ways to plan the day to get more done. While I was with her we had the opportunity to visit a middle-aged less active man named Greg. He has multiple health problems and so he shared with us that he is angry with God. He seemed so friendly and kind and he absolutely LOVED having company (he also seemed really lonely). We set up a time when the sisters could come back again and tried to leave several times. He kept offering us different things because he really didn't want us to leave and even though we declined all of them... he gave them to us anyway. Haha First he gave us ginger ale, then he fed us tacos, and then took us out to his garden and made us goody bags with tomatoes, onions and potatoes. I felt so bad leaving, but I am hopeful that he will realize the love he could feel if he came back to church. Later that night, Sister Maddox shared with me different things she had learned over the course of her mission and she promised me that when I am out as long as her, I will be able to look back and point out all of the amazing miracles that happened- "enough to fill this whole room" -in her words :)

The rest of the week has gone by pretty slow, lots of appointments fell through and we had to spend multiple hours on multiple days tracting.... ugh. But we came across a few people who, although they weren't interested in hearing more about the gospel, we so kind to us and said multiple times how much they appreciate what we are doing. That was nice.

So I spoke Sunday! I forgot to tell you last week, but the Bishop asked us (Sister Thompson and I), and the other Elders in our Ward if we would speak. One of them, his name is Elder Morris, he is going home the end of this month. He is one of our zone leaders and everyone is going to miss him! But anyway, we all got the chance to speak on Growing Closer to the Savior. It was wonderful and it really opened my eyes to what I can be doing every day to grow closer to Him. After a ton of pondering on the topic, I felt the need to talk about doing the basics. Reading, Praying, Attending. When we are reading our scriptures and praying daily, and attending church each week we can feel the presence of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ more abundantly in our lives. I promise that is true! :)

I love you all so much and I am SO grateful for all of your love, letters, and prayers. 

Love, 
Sister Walborn

p.s. The pictures are of Sister Maddox and I with the veggies we got, and the other is of Sister Thompson being silly because we found a random area with a plant growing that looked like bamboo! haha She thought it was awesome so we took a picture. :) LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment