Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29th, 2013

My wonderful family and friends~

I have exciting news! I am going to be a "Mama" as of tomorrow!! President Topham called Sister Thompson and I on saturday night with some very surprising news- Sister Thompson is being transferred and I have been called to train! At first I was a little sad for Sister Thompson because so many exciting things are happening in our area, but we both feel confident that whatever comes our way will be exactly what the Lord needs.

So this week was absolutely wonderful. We currently have 3 progressing investigators! Ah! We are seeing the results of hard work and I feel SO blessed! Our newest investigator is a 16 year old girl who comes from a really rough home life. She said the first day we met her that her only 2 emotions are anger and sadness (my heart broke at that moment). We explained to her that she can find lasting happiness through coming to know Jesus Christ and accepting His gospel. So, later in the week we were able to teach her in the home of one of the greatest young couple's in our ward! Dalitza (our investigator) was very shy and didn't talk very much, but the member who we were with completely enveloped her in love and really helped us in explaining the lesson in such a way that allowed her to understand. Dalitza agreed to coming to church and even though half of our ward is gone on vacation, she told us she felt very loved and welcomed :)

I have to say.... the hardest thing about being a missionary is not being able to hold or play with children! Uh! There are some of the most ADORABLE little kids in my ward and they all come to me wanted to show/tell me everything that is happening in their lives and my first instinct is always to scoop them up and run around with them! But... I am a missionary. So, I just listen intently and give them the attention they need. One little boy in particular is the cutest thing on the planet. His name is Will, he is 5 years old, and in front of my zone leaders and his parents he turned to me after the spiritual message was given and he said, "Hey sister missionary - when we get big enough I wanna marry you!" Haha I just giggled, smiled at him and said, "okay!" He beamed and my zone leader Elder Morris decided he thought it was time to make an intervention and came over to stand between us. Little Will definitely made my day :)

So those are just a few little tidbits from my week. I hope everything is going great for all of you! I am so happy to be here and I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family supporting me.

LOVE,
Sister Walborn

p.s. The pictures this week are: a picture of my goofy district at our last district meeting (sad), a picture of Sister Thompson and I one night after tracting- I don't remember why we took it, and a picture of Sister Thompson and I in front of our quote wall (a tradition that I asked her if we could start and she loved it so much she is going to start it with her next companion ^_^). Love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment