Tuesday, May 27, 2014

May 27th, 2014

It doesn't get much better than this! :)
This week I was very blessed to hear Elder Holland speak! As we all know very well, he is an incredible speaker, and an incredible person. He said so many wonderful things, and I don't have a lot of time, so I'm only going to be able to share a few with you.
First, Elder Holland told us that EVERY single night, he prays for the second coming of the Savior. As he spoke of this, he was very still and said in a quiet voice that he pleads with the Lord for this to happen because there is so much pain and suffering in the world that needs to end. He quoted a verse in Revelation that says God shall "wipe away all tears from their eyes" and spoke of how he yearns for the day when that shall be fulfilled. He then told us that upon making that request, he knows Heavenly Father is saying, "I am anxious for it too! But I cannot allow it until you do your work Jeff!" He continued to speak about how vital our role is in preparing the earth for the second coming! We must do everything in our power to keep our covenants and preach of Christ in all aspects of our life.
Second, Elder Holland spoke to us missionaries of how we are God's investigators. He told us to think about how much invest into those we are teaching, our prayers, thoughts, studies, etc. are constantly focused on them and how we can help them progress. Well, doesn't it only make sense that God does the same with us? This was especially meaningful to me because I could recognize all of the wonderful potential I have seen in Garett and the amazing things that he can accomplish through this gospel! It really made me sit and ponder what those things are that Heavenly Father sees in me and for me, that I need to be striving to discover and do!
There is so much to share!! But I only have a few minutes so I wanted to tell you really quickly how Garett is doing!! :) HE IS INCREDIBLE!! He is absorbing everything like a sponge and really investing himself, it is truly miraculous to see. He is already over halfway through Alma and well on his way to finishing before his baptism! He has been taught almost all of the lessons, we have been meeting with him almost every single day. He has develop friendships with so many members that now at church activities we are not needed to introduce or integrate him into conversation or the activity in any way! He is just part of the crew and everyone loves him :) After reading Alma 34 the other day he texted us and said, "I'm freaking out, everything just clicked!" He told us that Alma 34 helped him realize how awesome the Atonement really is, and how truly NOW is the time for him to prepare to meet God! He said that now he understands what he should do while he is alive!! He was so prepared to receive the gospel and my testimony has been fortified that the Lord truly does either lead us to those who are prepared, or leads them to us. In Garett's case, Heavenly Father did both :)

I love you all so much!! I hope you have a wonderful week!!

Love,
Sister Walborn

No comments:

Post a Comment