Tuesday, March 18, 2014

March 17th, 2014

Hello Family!!
 
Holy cow.... this week was absolutely insane! I am not sure if this email will do it justice, but I will do my best.
 
So, the location of our apartment is very inconvenient for missionary work. It is in the very bottom corner of our ward boundary, and we cover the entire ward boundary except for a little circle in the middle for the elder's (walk) area. It wouldn't be a big deal, except for the fact that we are only allotted a certain number of miles on our car every month and in order to get to everyone and accomplish everything we need to do, we would need more miles or move apartments. So, it started the process of what are we going to do to solve the problem? WELL, on tuesday we got a call from that secretary letting us know that we would be moving the following saturday (the 15th).... haha I was on an exchange with Sister Luker from Brookville and she just laughed at me as I sat there in shock. I called Sister Larsen and we had to cancel our appointments for wednesday and thursday so that we could pack and clean the apartment. AH! CRAZY!  So, that is what we did. We had to scrub every inch of that apartment so that we could leave it better than we found it. We have both helped many people move so far on our missions and the majority of them haven't been very prepared to make the move. So that was our goal! After packing and organizing everything, we moved it all (couches, beds, dressers, etc.) into one room on on the main floor. It only took our moving crew 25 minutes to load everything up!! :) yay!
 
Friday we had an all day zone conference, which we thought was terrible timing at first because it only gave us 2 instead of 3 days to prepare for the move, but ended up being the biggest blessing! We needed that spiritual nourishment and time to relax so badly. We talked a lot about having the faith to find those whom God has prepared. Something particular that President Topham said had a big impact on me, he said, "Us older folks (talking about the senior couples have been paying tithing for a long time, and I can promise you that they would know as well as I do that you don't pay tithing with money.... (he paused, we were all confused)... You pay your tithing with FAITH. The same thing applies to finding. You do not find people to teach by knocking on doors or talking to someone in the grocery store, you find them by FAITH."  He continued on to explain that obviously we aren't going to find 10 new people if we are feeling that our faith is pretty rockin' that day, but we are having the faith to try, and to do our best so that they people that God has prepared can be led to us or us to them.
 
So, transfers are in 3 weeks. There is a very good chance that I will be transferred :( So I think that any mail you want to send, you should just send it to the mission office. That way, there won't be any chance of it not getting to the right place. This new apartment we are in is not as nice as the one in Evans City, but we know it will help us be much more effective in our missionary efforts which is all that really matters!! :) We live in the elder's area (kind of weird) which will make our lives so much easier in working our ENTIRE area. YAYY!!
 
2600 Boyce Plaza Rd. Ste. 101
Upper St. Clair, PA 15241
 
I had the most wonderful birthday! :) On Saturday, Tiny (investigator) and his wife Jeanette (less-active), threw me a party at their parents house - Joe & Roberta. Roberta is the one who made me the afghan. They are SO sweet and really wanted me to feel at home away from home. Then on Sunday, the wonderful Eberle family, the same place I went for Christmas, fed us dinner and celebrated my birthday. I love this area and this ward so much. They really have become my family and I know that I have been hugely blessed by the love and examples of these people.
 
I love you all so much and I want you to know that the GOSPEL IS TRUE!!!
 
Love,
Sister Walborn
 
p.s. Pictures: 1) A small view of the stuff we packed up! We don't live there anymore! 2) birthday pictures! The elders decided it would be funny to smear frosting all over my face... so it became a war. Grandma (roberta) was so happy, she thought it was hilarious! LOVE YINZ!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment