Monday, March 31, 2014

March 24th, 2014

This week we saw so many miracles. Sister Larsen and I really tried taking to heart and applying the lessons that were given to us at zone conference last friday about talking to EVERYONE and having faith to find those whom God has prepared. We have tried a couple new things this week and we are confident that they will bring results. Yay!
 
Okay, so I wanted to share a small experiences that meant a lot to me this week:
1) On Thursday night, we pulled up to our apartment and got out of the car to head inside. Just before we did though, I glanced at the clock and saw that it was 8:54. We had 6 minutes before we were supposed to be in. We live in an area with lots of houses, and even though we live in the elder's area, I suggested that we walk around the block before going inside. She quickly agreed and so we began our little venture up fifth street. As we walked, we talked about our day. We were about to turn the corner and there was a wonderful house lit up with little lights lining the walkway. I paused, and asked Sister Larsen if we could knock on the door. We did, and this adorable lady showed her face through the window and yelled, "HI! What are you doing?" So I answered, "We came to see you!" She giggled and told us to come around the back. She is a 70 year old lady named Suzie and she is a devout Lutheran. She loves the Lord and shared her testimony with us about her journey with Christ. She declined our offer for the Book of Mormon, but said that she is never up that late and she knows she was meant to talk to us. She called us her "sisters in Christ", gave us huge hugs, thanked us for what we do, and lovlingly sent us on her way. She isn't a new investigator, she doesn't want to get baptized, and she didn't have a referral for us. But I really felt like we were meant to talk to her and help her feel the Spirit, as well as be uplifted by her :) The quote, "It is impossible for us to fail when we do our best when we are on the Lord's errand," really rang true at that moment for me. We were simply trying to use every minute God had given us that day, and he blessed us in meeting Suzie.
 
I'm sorry this is so short! I love you all so much and I KNOW this gospel is true!! Be strong and carry on! Always be willing to shine the light of the gospel!
 
Love,
Sister Walborn

No comments:

Post a Comment